Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tulay Lingap ni Padre Pio

Colorful balloons for the kids
Working, us we all know is a job in where we are incorporated to ourselves and to a group of people where we can share our decisions, points of view and our attitudes. As we work and communicate with other people we build a community of persons helping each other to fulfill a dream and project that can help people in need.  Our steadfast dedication, come to know the validity and beauty of higher calling: to be MEN and WOMEN for OTHERS, constantly aspiring for excellence in all that we do.

The working committee
I’ve learned so many things in this group that unity, skilled workers, and dedicated people once put together in a job or project they communicate and strengthen the group to work together. Our group planned and strategized first the things that we have to do in order to get the work done early. After, the group came up with one unified task to be done: we formed a chain so as to facilitate the giving of food to the kids.
The people behind the feeding program


From this experience, I gained a lot of insights and learning’s about the dignity of work, the importance of perseverance in any attempt at achieving something worthwhile and meaningful in life; the value of teamwork in any group activity. Though this experience in Tulay Lingap ni Padre Pio was short, it contributed to seeing kids smiling. It gave me an insight into the plight of the poor who have nowhere to lay their heads. I was encouraged to treasure the little things I am blessed with and be contented with what I have. The spirit of sharing and giving was really evident among the group: each one shared his/her smile to those kids who were around.
         
Food
There are so many things that I could do to build a community in the near future; first I should persevere to do this building, form a group to help people in need; start to engage myself to community building program; come up with creative ideas to make money--fund raising project to sponsor the program and encourage our government to help in the community. Spreading the word about the community program to promote it and increase more volunteers who are willing to help. This are my plans, but this plans will not be successful if me, myself won’t act for it, instead of only saying I’ll try, I will and it will start today.


   
At ang bida sa programa ang mga Bata:)

No comments:

Post a Comment